Challenges!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

January Miles Challenge

I could not get up this morning.  I woke up about 20 minutes before I had to leave for work, and I was so sluggish that it took me about 10 minutes to even get dressed.  Needless to say, I made it to work on time, but anyone who looks at me probably thinks my personal hygiene habits suck.  My hair is pulled into a bun, and you can totally tell that I didn't pick up a brush or comb this morning.  I have no makeup on and I forgot to put on deodorant before I left, so I probably stink.  Well you can't tell I stink at least, and I have big plans to put some on when I go to my mom's for lunch.

The only good thing about this situation is that there are only two other people at work and no one has came in, leaving my just-woke-up look unnoticed by almost everybody.  And I have nothing to do today, so here I am blogging and wishing I would have packed my curling iron so I could at least make an attempt to look decent.

I got a great workout in last night.  I had a warm up/cooldown of 5 min on the treadmill, and ran a 5k in between in 31:03!  How did I do that?  Sheer will, that is how, and my muscles are paying for it today.  I am glad that I did it, though, because it shows me what I can do, and now I have a time to work with for my 5k coming up in March.  That is a lot of time, and I want to shave a good three minutes off of it before then.  After the running, I got on the stairclimber for 15 minutes, stretched, and packed it up and headed home.

This afternoon I'm going to get on the treadmill for about 20 minutes, then do some strength/lifting before heading home.  I need to get a quick workout in before I consume calories for the evening, because we're going to a friend's for the New Year party.  I'm sure I'll need this workout to balance what I eat/drink for the night.

And by the way, I'm hungry!  I'm trying to not snack this morning because I'm going to eat lunch about half an hour earlier today, but I'm struggling.  Twenty more minutes...I can do it!!!



See?

Ok, now to my next point.

I'm going to do a January Miles Challenge.  I'm going to log 60 miles of running/walking (not counting other cardio I do) in the month of January.  That's an average of 2 miles a day.  I can do it!!



See?

Anyone want to join?  Let me know!

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: