Challenges!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Wonders

I am amazed at how fast my plans can go south for the weekend. I had great ideas of working out on Saturday evening, eating healthy the whole weekend, and just getting everything cleaned and organized around the house (because even though I moved two months ago, I still have not finished organizing). Well, that all went down the drain when I proceeded to drink at our annual fire Christmas party. The only reason I felt the need to consume so much was because Dustin offered to be my designated driver, and nights like that come few and far between...you have to take full advantage of it!

Needless to say, I woke up Saturday morning with a slight headache and my mind far away from my fitness goals. One good thing did happen, however, because Dustin found out he didn't have to leave for Fresno on Saturday night, so we got to spend the whole weekend together. I also got a good portion of the house cleaned.

Yesterday I did get a some exercise in, so it made up a little bit for my lack of exercise on Saturday. I went with Dustin to check his traps, and we hiked our asses off. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep up with him so well, even though I was huffing and puffing.

So now we start another week! I've got big plans for working out this evening after I get off work and getting some good running in again. I'm also working on planning my meals out for the week so I don't do the "oops, I don't know what to make for dinner so we'll just eat crappy or eat out" move I usually come up with. Seriously, if I don't plan it out, I usually come up with the most fattening meal on the planet.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I'm down any (or at least not UP!) I like to think that the more weight I lose initially will make it easier for me to run that damn half-marathon I'm working toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: