Challenges!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

165

The scale hasn't budged.  The only good thing about that is that it at least hasn't gone up!  Maintaining seems to be my strong point right now, and I didn't gain any over Christmas, so I should be proud of myself...but I'm not.  I want to lose weight!

So today I'm going to devise a workout plan for the next month.  I said earlier that I wanted to lose seven pounds by the end of January.  Well, each day that passes gets closer to that deadline, and unless I tweak my diet and exercise program (or START my exercise program), I'm not going to get past that 165 marker.  I'll get my exercise program posted a little later.

As for right now, I'm going to get to my cheesy New Year Resolutions!!!  Brace yourself...there's quite a few!
  1. Lose 15 pounds.  This one is a no-brainer, it's been on my mind for quite some time now.
  2. Run a 5k.  This will lead to my next goal.
  3. Run a half-marathon.  I've wanted to do this for a long time, and this is the year for it!
  4. Pay off one of my credit cards.  Not good, I know. Don't judge. (I only have two, so that's half.)
  5. Pay all bills on time.  This one isn't for me so much as it is for my future husband.  Sorry.
  6. Plant a HUGE garden.  I want to can this year, and any extras I want to sell at our local farmer's market or at my sis-in-law's greenhouse.
  7. Landscape the yard.  We have to get this one done.  Before July 24, because we're having our wedding in our backyard.  Not sure if that was a smart choice or not.  I'll let you know after it's all over.
  8. Plant a rose garden.  This might fall into the category of landscaping the yard.  I've always wanted a rose garden.  Might be put on the back burner for paying for a wedding though.  Just a thought.
  9. Paint the laundry room and replace floor.  Light puke-pink paint on the walls right now.  Enough said.
  10. Paint kitchen/dining room.  I've got big plans for it, I'm so excited!
  11. Organize spare bedroom.  It is horrendous right now.  Moving sucks.
  12. Join/create a bookclub.  Might be a wedding planner bookclub right now.  But a bookclub nonetheless.
  13. Go to the dentist.  This may not seem like it needs to be a resolution.  However, it is hard to make myself go to the dentist when I do not have dental insurance.
  14. Keep a food journal.  I eat very good when I do this.  DUH!
  15. Visit both of my grandma's at least twice a month.  I've been horrible about it lately.  Bad grandchild.
  16. Become a Director in USANA.  It's a company I work for.  Check it out at http://caitlinalbertson.usana.com/.  Any questions?  Email me!  Please.
Ok, so my long-winded to do list (now that I've wrote it, it kind of looks like one) seems mostly like minor tasks that should be done anyway.  But getting me to do this stuff is sometimes a challenge.  I was going to put something in about saving money, but I'm not so sure 2010 is going to be a realistic year to try to save anything.  I have a feeling I might be in debt after the wedding, but it's worth it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: