Challenges!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve!

Yay for Christmas!  I think in all my "busy-ness" I kind of didn't give myself a chance to take a step back and look at things until last night and this morning.  It has finally actually snowed, and instead of just looking at the snow-packed roads on the way to work this morning, I actually looked out the window at the awesome scenery before me.  I live in a beautiful place!  That may sound corny, and maybe it is, but it for sure is the complete truth.  The snow-covered mountains of Abert Rim looked so cool today!

Ok, that aside, I actually did get a workout in yesterday when I got off work.  I got on the stairstepper for 20 minutes and then hopped on the treadmill for another 15 minutes, totalling 35 minutes of workout time.  This is good, but I'm a little mad at myself for just stopping all of a sudden on the treadmill, just because I wanted to.  I had full intentions of going longer, but I just stopped.  The S is for Sucks (come on, I hope someone has watced homestarrunner.com!)

After, I ran to the store to get stuff for dinner and hurried home (ok, hurried meant a nice slow pace of about 50 mph because of the roads).  I made tacos for dinner, using ground turkey for myself and ground beef for Dustin.  I have to say, this is the first time I've ever used ground turkey, and I LOVE IT.  For some reason I've been afraid to try it because I have grown up in a RED meat and potatoes family.  Ground turkey seemed like a sin in my world, but I bought some the other day, telling myself I needed to try it.  It was great, especially if you go into it knowing that it isn't going to taste exactly like ground beef.

We ate dinner in front of the TV because OSU was playing in their last game of the season, the Las Vegas Bowl (it was horrible, by the way).  Then we moved everything off of the coffee table and finished wrapping presents, which took about 2 hours and made me cranky by the time it was over.

So today I'm determined to get another workout in, especially in light of the fact that I'll more than likely make some poor food choices this weekend.  I'm also committing myself to count my calories from now on, even through Christmas dinner!  Scary thought, but even if I overindulge, I will at least be aware of what I'm eating.

Oh, I almost forgot...I weighed in this morning at 165.  No change.  Not horrible, but I'd like to see that scale move down!  It is my fault though, because I haven't been good this past week, and I can't expect one workout to make it all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: