Challenges!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most exciting news of all!  I'm engaged!  Dustin proposed to me on Christmas morning, and it was so incredibly perfect, I can't even describe it!  It wasn't a total surprise, as I knew he had talked to my parents (another story in itself), but I had no clue he had already got a ring.  So needless to say it was unexpected and PERFECT!

So I spent my entire Christmas showing off my ring and grinning from ear to ear (what Dustin and I would like to call a shit-eating grin).  It was fantastic.  To top it off, we both got some amazing gifts from our family, and got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with both our families.

Now I have some extreme wedding planning and wedding workouts to plan!  I think we might have a date--July 24--and I have about a month before I'm going to search for my wedding dress.  I know I don't have to be perfect for finding my dress, but I want to lose a little before I go shopping so I can feel better about myself.  It is a perfect opportunity for me to GET ON IT with my workouts and eating habits! 

I'm not going to get a workout in today, because we STILL have family functions going on tonight, so all I can do today is eat healthy and prepare for tomorrow and get my ass in gear.  I have 15 pounds to lose, and I want to lose 7 pounds by January 31.  I can do this!  I just have to focus on my goal and work hard.  I can't let the stress of any wedding details make me overeat or do anything extreme.  This is especially because I do not want my wedding to be stressful (of course, easier said than done).

I weighed myself this morning and I was 166...up one but not bad, and I still have two days before my weigh-in, so I'm going to work on getting down to 165 again.  The next week I want a two-pound loss.  By January 31 I want to be 158.  Maybe a lofty goal, but one I'm going to work my ass off for.

After that, I'm going to buy myself a new scale.  The one I have I think isn't so accurate as to what my actual weight is, but it's the one I use to track my weight loss because I know that scale.  I think it says I'm about five pounds less than what I really am, so after I get my seven pound loss I'm going to get a new scale and reevaluate everything.  I'll still base my 15 pounds off of my old scale, but I'm going to switch it all to the new scale later.*

*Note that while I typed that last paragraph I even confused myself.  Sorry!

Anyway, have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: