Challenges!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Motivation

Motivation is a crazy thing. Right now, I'm so excited to start running, get in the gym and get in shape. But when I start to think about it, I wonder how in the world I am going to stay motivated throughout this whole process. It probably won't be until August until I run my half-marathon, so I've got a good eight months to find myself sitting on the couch again.

I realize that I will not be motivated to do this every day of my journey. I just have to keep reminding myself that failing is not an option this time. Sure, I might fail to get a workout in every now and then, but I want to accomplish this goal! There is no better time to get it done than this year, before I get married, have kids, etc. Did I mention I want to look hot in my wedding dress? I'm also in two other weddings this June, so I would like to be smokin' hot for those too.

So, just as Dory would say on Finding Nemo...just keep swimming, just keep swimming! (Sad, it is day two of my journey, and I'm already saying this to myself). I can't get down on myself, and I cannot lose the drive to accomplish this goal!

On another note, I did my first workout last night. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill and went 3.25 miles doing intervals. It was a good workout, and my legs are hurting a little today, but that is such a good feeling! I'm not going to get a workout in today, but tomorrow I plan on hitting the gym again after my significant other leaves for Fresno :-( I wish I could go with him, but I need to get stuff done, and I need to get this workout in. I can't wait to get to run outside soon, but I am definitely not a cold weather warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me: