Challenges!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Victory!

6.5 miles last night!  I cranked them out on the treadmill, and although I am a little sore today, it was awesome!  I ran the first 4 miles without stopping, then walked for about a minute, and ran most the rest of the way (ok, it was intervals of walking and running).  I accomplished this all in 70 minutes, making for about an 11 min mile pace.  Not bad, and I can't wait until next week's long run to match that pace or make it better.

Ok, so I say long run as if I had it planned or something.  And yes, I did plan it yesterday, but only because I'm behind on my miles.  Not because I'm following a training plan or anything.  I need to get on that.  Flying blind is working for me at the moment, but sooner or later I need to get on a specific training plan so that I can 1. Avoid injury; 2. Let the experts tell me how I should be training instead of making it up.

After my run I went home and had a great dinner of lasagna (homemade from my mommy), salad, and oven-baked french fries.  I met my water goals for the day and stayed within my calories, even after consuming a rather large dinner.  Today I'm only planning about 3 miles because I need to recover from yesterday.

And did I mention.......TGIF!!!  Even though it was only a 4-day week, I'm so ready for the weekend to be here!  I don't have much planned, except for maybe a fun bonfire party because we have an old house on the property that needs to be burned down.  It's already down I guess, but its in a big ugly pile on the ground and needs to go away, especially before the WEDDING!  We're making such good progress on the place, making everything look great for the big day.  I'm so excited for spring/summer to get here so we can get some flowers planted and make the place look fantastic!

I'm such a gardening nerd.  We had our first garden last year, and even though this summer will be a busy one, I refuse to not have one this year.  We have a great space picked out so it can be bigger and better this time!  I was thinking about even trying to sell some stuff at the farmer's market this year, and I must learn to can with my grandma!  So exciting...

Have a Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Speak to me: