Challenges!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Slacking and Sickness

I've been a total slacker for the last few days...since Friday to be exact.  I did great on Thursday, working out and logging my miles.  During my run, though, I had the same trouble I had the night before with my tummy.  This time it was more just cramping pains, but I pushed through and finished my workout.  Friday, my tummy was upset all day, and so instead of working out I went home to mope on the couch.  Saturday I woke up feeling a little bit better and went out and checked traps with Dustin and a friend.  I'm going to log half a mile for that even though I think it was a little more.  When we got home we worked on cleaning up the barn (big project) and then Dustin and I headed to pick up a load of cows from a town close by.  By the time we got back I was starving to the point where I was almost sick, and ate and went to bed!

Sunday I woke up feeling like shit.  My tummy hurt and I felt like I was getting a sore throat.  I was tired all day, and ended up taking a nap for about two hours in the middle of the day.  Dustin got home around six and said he felt like crap too, so we both sat like sickies on the couch and went to bed at 8.

What an eventful weekend!  Wowzers, I'm falling asleep just typing all that.  By the way, I did get a second wind yesterday for awhile and made a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle soup (just what the doctor ordered!).  While that was cooking I made a smaller version of peach cobbler, which I proceeded to eat with a fury last night.  I now feel the need to throw it out, because if I'm not careful I will eat the whole thing when I get home tonight.

I still don't feel 100% today but I'm going to get a workout in even if it kills me!  I'm slacking on my Miles Challenge, and I have a weigh-in on Wednesday that I would really like to see a loss at!  So I'll be kicking my ass again for a few days to see some results on the scale.  And then I will start the cycle all over again so I can see results next week.  And the next.  And the next.

On a good note, I found out when the Haulin' Aspen Half Marathon is because they finally updated their website!  The race is on Sunday, August 8, and as soon as I work out my budget for the next couple weeks, I'm going to sign up for it (it's only $35, but I have to be careful because of WEDDING).  I'm pumped that they finally updated the site so I can sign up for it.

And someone please hold me accountable for signing up for it within the next few weeks!

Now I just need to finalize a training program for it!  I've been doing some research on it and I've came up with a couple that I might modify for my personal taste.  If anyone has any suggestions about it, I would love to hear from you!

Goals for the week (January 11-17):
  1. Drink 120 ounces of water every day.
  2. Get all of my miles in (and catch up from last few days) for a total of at least 18 miles.
  3. Eat smart.  With all the miles I should be logging, make sure to eat enough, but not use it as an excuse to overeat!
  4. Work out budget so I can pay for my half-marathon.
  5. Finalize a half-marathon training program!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, SIGN UP!

    I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon on Feb. 21st. I'm using the training program on marathonrookie.com but thats just because it was short (10 weeks) so it fit my time schedule. Actually, we had to shorten even that, but it was close :)

    When I train for the next one, or a full I might use a more detailed program.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: