Challenges!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cheating...

4 more down...52 more miles to go!

I did another 4 miles yesterday, and I feel great about it.  If I kept that up, I'd have my 60 miles done in no time.  However, if I did keep that up, I'd probably find an excuse to not exercise starting at about day 10.  So, today I'm only going to get two miles in with some weight training.  That way I'll still be on track but I won't be killing myself to get the miles in.  Don't get me wrong, I love pushing myself, especially when I have a specific goal to work for.  I just want to make this a lasting change, so pushing myself too hard every day isn't a good idea.

I cheated this morning.  I got on the scale a day early.  I told myself I was going to only weigh in once a week, but I was just so damn curious that I stepped on.  Good things are happening!!  I'm down a pound this morning, so hopefully tomorrow morning when I have my real weigh in it will reflect the same.  It's been quite awhile since I've lost any weight, so getting off of the 165 bandwagon will be a great thing!!

Eating has been good, and I am bound and determined to lose before I go try on wedding dresses on the 30th.  So not only do I have a New Year to motivate me, but also a tight fitting dress to get my ass in gear.  Maybe I will go another 4 miles today...

1 comment:

  1. great work on recognizing what didn't work before and pushing through that!

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: