Challenges!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

In college I used this phrase as an excuse to drink.  Not that me and my circle of friends really needed an excuse - we drank no matter what, whenever we wanted to.  *Note, I was not a heavy drinker in college, but I did my share of binging throughout those 4 years.

Today I'm using it as an excuse to get my water intake up.  I've been really good about drinking water and spend most days at work peeing every half hour.  I still, however, go to sleep feeling thirsty and wake up in the middle of the night thirsty.  It makes me feel like I've just had one of those college "Thirsty Thursdays" and am in desperate need for water in order to survive.

So drink up, everybody.  Dump a little Crystal Light or lemon juice in for some taste if you need to.  Just get your daily dose of water, and even when you think you've had that "8 cup" recommendation (which I think is crap if you are even moderately active), drink some more.

I didn't end up working out last night, so tonight I'm going to hit the gym hard.  I've got a Passion Party to go to after, though, and it really sucks not living in town (I live a good 25 miles away from the town I work in) beacuse I sweat.  I sweat more than the average individual.  So I might go to the party just a little stinky, but it will be worth it!

Have a happy Thursday (even though it's getting closer to being over, but better late than never)!

2 comments:

  1. Go you! Water is so important and over the years I've come to crave it, plain. No fancy frills or anything. Have fun at the gym and at the passion party! Buy something fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking enough water is such a chore for me. The only time it's easy is when we are out to dinner and I'm trying not to drink my glass of wine too fast. So I guzzle the water. I think that's a win-win.
    Good luck with that work out. Keep doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: