Challenges!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

160!

Down a pound!  I'm pretty excited to see pounds coming off!  It shows me what a little hard work and determination will do!

I've contemplated taking weigh-in Wednesday off of my blog list.  The reason for this is that I am determined not to focus solely on my weight.  I mean, yes, I still have a few pounds to lose, but right now I would like to focus on my running.  But then I thought about how my weekly weigh-in really keeps me accountable, not only to myself, but to all of my readers (who probably don't care what I weigh, but too bad).  Also, this is a complete healthy living transition for me, so taking off one aspect of that (weighing in) would take away from my story.

With that long-winded story, my final decision was to keep my weekly weigh-ins, as well as talk about running, food (something I could talk about for hours), etc.  I am not solely a runner, and though I'm striving to become a marathoner, I still have other lifestyle issues that come into play, so they need to be addressed.

I got in my 5 miles last night!  Longest run I've had in a few weeks.  (I've planned several long runs in the last few weeks that magically didn't happen...)

I'm going to get in a few miles tonight and then stop on the running front until Saturday.  I will be getting in some Jillian Shred tomorrow and possibly Friday.  I haven't had a date with her in several days and I think she's starting to miss me!

And finally, not to be sappy or anything, I just wanted to thank those of you who actually read my blog.  I started it not really knowing what to expect.  Really I didn't expect anything at all...I didn't think anyone would actually read my story, but I'm getting more and more readers every week!  It amazes me (and makes me think that I should try to write about something more interesting)!  Thanks for all of your support!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your weigh in. I had a similar experience with thinking about changing weigh in stuff this week...but I decided not to change anything because weighing in really does keep me accountable. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caitlin, found your blog through you winning the giveaway from Tall Mom.

    Just wanted to stop in and say hey. It looks like we're at similar places/goals in our running/lifestyle journey. I am a very new runner training for my first half marathon (in May), and am also at the 5-6 mile length for my long runs right now. Also (not to sound all stalkerish or anything!) :), but I just read your weigh-in post and I also am trying to lose a few extra pounds and weigh in right now right at 160, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: