Challenges!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Exciting plans!

It's FRIDAY!!!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I've got so much planned for tonight...want to hear it???


Dustin and I are going to park our butts on the couch and eat pizza and watch loads of TV!



We're so exciting!!  We aren't married yet, and we're still about as exciting as an old married couple can get (no offense to anyone for that comment).  A few years ago I would have been itching for something to do on the weekend, whether it be going out and drinking with my friends, BBQing and drinking with my friends, oh yeah, and drinking with my friends.

Don't get me wrong.  We still do this, probably more often than we should.  What I think is funny is that now we couldn't imagine doing that every single weekend!  How tiring!  I savour the weekend, I crave the weekend!  It's my time to clean the house, catch up with family, and just be generally lazy.  And now, it's my time for weekend long runs!!!

I just set my training schedule for my half.  I'm going with a 12-week program that technically won't start until the middle of May.  I'm going to use my two months before that to work up my mileage and see if I could switch to a harder better plan by then.  This all depends on how well I do from now until then.

And tomorrow is....the ShamRun 5k!  Yay!  I'm going to go home and put my outfit together!  After the race I'm going to shower at my parents and then go plant flowers at my soon-to-be-in-law's greenhouse.  Bet you never knew I worked at a greenhouse!  Of course you didn't, because I've never talked about it.  I worked there last year for a few months before my temporary job started up.  Even though it can get mundane, I love planting all the flowers and hanging baskets to sell!  I learned so much from that experience.

Plus, that is where I'm getting most of my wedding flowers from!  I picked out all sorts of annuals in colors for my wedding so that we can plant them around our house and in planters.  So much fun!

To everyone racing this weekend:

GOOD LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. I love Friday nights on the couch - if I can stay up long enough, it's a fun way to spend time together, lol!
    Enjoy your runs!

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: